Welcome to this month’s 10 on the 10th with ten fun home decor, craft and DIY ideas from my friends and myself for under $10! Our theme this month is all about red, white and blue for summertime decorating… Let’s get this party started!!!
Again, welcome to this month’s 10 on the 10th hosted by Ann of Apple Street Cottage and Terrie of Decorate and More with Tip and my friends have lots of inspiring RWB ideas to share with you!
This month I’ve tried to save us all a little cash by sharing summer decorating ideas from what I have in my stash. Especially in hard economic times and with all the uncertainty going on right now, I like to shop my home for home decor ideas and I am sure you like saving money, too! 🎉
Here are my 10 ideas to pull out from your stash of home decor goodies with splashes of red, white and blue:
Bring out the blooms
1. Bring out any dried red roses and other red florals you may have hung up to dry after Christmas or Valentine’s Day to bring in red to your usual decor. Hang those little bouquet beauties from your cupboard doors, bedroom and bathroom doorknobs, and from cup
hooks screwed into your mantel’s underside to add bright pops of red!
2. If you have blue dried hydrangeas saved from last year’s blooms add their blues. Blue hydrangeas add so much to our decor and look awesome in mixed RWB dried bouquets.
Oh, and don’t forget to sprinkle their beauty in baskets throughout the home. Deep pink roses also dry into a lovely faded red and look stunning popped into teapots, jars and vases, or just casually laid atop a dresser or mantel…
Bring on the flags
3. Red, white and blue really shines here in the United States this time of year with our nation’s upcoming birthday. Flag decor just says “home” and “relax” to us Americans and our flag’s RWB colors are a perfect trio of decorating color for summertime entertaining!
4. Bring out any flag paper napkins and paper plates and fun plasticware in matching colors. Use colorful bandanas in place of your usual napkins as I did here a few years ago. I like bandanas for their versatility.
5. Wrap a hostess gift for your guests in a red white or blue bandana and place those on the table at each place setting or in a basket by the front door to pick up on the way home.
Pillows and Slips
6. Add some red and white striped or floral pillows in place of the usual pillows to your couches, bench seats and chairs then wrap your sofa cushions with Gramma’s hand-stitched blue and white quilts to complete the look.
7. Bring in more of that red white and blue with fun patriotic kitchen linens ~ love doing this! I have a big stack of kitchen and bath linens for every season and I love a change from my usual kitchen towels and guest towels. I think you will, too!
8. Pull all the red white and blue bound books out of your bookshelves and stack those tomes around the fireplace, on chairs, on side tables and of course as props up on your mantel.
Books add so much to a home’s decor anyways and look wonderful arranged by color in the bookcase. A fun way to brighten up one’s decor anyday!
9. Add red, white and blue with colored canning jars. Here I’ve used a variation of RWB with shades of pink and teal ~ a favorite combination around our home in summer.
|Just a little RWB can be seen above on the newly installed shelf my hubby put up for his mother.|
10. Bring out the RWB decor! While at my husband’s parents’ home, Mr. Ethereal cleaned out and organized the garage for his mother (post coming about that soon!). This is just a snippet. 💋
Thank you for visiting today and please stop by all of the ladies sharing their red, white and blue summer decorating ideas on today’s tour! If you like what you see on my blog, please consider subscribing here and on my social media pages, thank you.
Also sharing with
Tuesday Turnabout ~ Bluesky at Home
13 thoughts on “10 Inexpensive Red, White and Blue Summer Decor Ideas…”
I love this Barb, so many beautiful touches! I love dried flowers they feel so romantic and who doesn't love our flg? Pretty tabel place setting as well!Enjoy your dsay!Cindy
Lots of great ideas to bring some festivity into your home. I especially like your mantle styling!
Barb everything around your home is so lovely. I love all the red, white and blue touches you added. I would love to take a tour of your home in person. So inspiring!
So many great ideas, Barb! You have a beautiful home.
Great ideas, Barbara, for spreading red, white, and blue decor around our homes. Hubby is cute too.
I love how you add red, white, and blue touches around your home, Barbara. Beautiful!
Barbara what great ideas! I love the book idea… never think to use those as much as I should. Your porch is just too beautiful. I wish I could grow hydrangeas so that I could dry them….
Lots of wonderful ideas. I never think about decorating for July 4. But these are pretty.
Love all of your ideas and touches of red, white and blue Barbara! I especially loved seeing the photo of your hubby grinning at a job well done. 😉 Hope you enjoy your summer!
I love your dried flowers. Your patio looks adorable.
Hi Barb,Such gorgeous dried flowers and I especially love those hydrangeas.Beautiful interpretation of how to add red, white and blue to our homes in such a classic and stylish way.So fun to see your happy hubby too.Great to share in this monthly blog hop hop with you!Jemma
I love that blue truck above your husband's head. That would be fun to add to a porch with some red and white flowers, or on a table with flatware or napkins, or flags or . . .