Hello and welcome, friends, to this month’s Crafty Christmas Ornament Pinterest Challenge! I have to say, when Cindy from County Road 407 mentioned that this month’s challenge was to come up with a fun ornament for the holidays, I was all in…
If you are coming over for the first time from Laura at Everyday Edits, welcome! I hope you will consider subscribing to my blog. I share crafts, recipes here and there, home decor and a lot of gardening ideas. So let’s get to this craft idea without further ado!!
Let’s Make a Silver Salt & Pepper Shaker Snowman!
Supplies you will need:
- a vintage salt/pepper shaker with a silver top
- buttons for eyes
- pepper corns or All-Spice corns for eyes
- something to use for a hat
- hot glue gun and glue
- felt in your choice of holiday color
- any other items you may wish to put on your snowman
How to make your snowman:
- Begin by cleaning the s/p shaker inside and out (if it isn’t corroded on, like mine was, then just clean the outside 😉 ), let dry
- Polish the silver top and wash again
- Cut a piece of felt roughly 3/4″ wide x 6″ long
- snip ends of felt along the short edges to make fringe of snowman’s scarf
- try scarf on your snowman then hot glue it along the back, pinching some so it fits better (as needed)
- choose buttons for eyes; remove shanks on back with a grinder, as needed (this is where my hubby, Mr. Ethereal, came in to help! <3
- hot glue “eyes” in place above some of the holes so holes are there for a “nose” and are part of the mouth
- use a small, whole pepper corn or All-Spice and hot glue it on for a “nose”
- choose something for a “hat” and hot glue on the top and back of your snowman’s head, if you wish to do so.
And you have a snowman! 🙂
If I’d had a cute little crocheted hat (or could make one), I would have made her a snow-woman. And she kinda is anyway with her flower eyes. 😉
**(Yes, I probably will go back and paint in the centers of the eyes black, but for now they are just as they are!)
And let’s check out what Carol from Bluesky at Home made for her Christmas ornament!! I bet it is bedazzling!! 😉
This is our last Pinterest Challenge for the year but come the fourth Tuesday in January, we will be back. <3 Something fun to look forward to in the New Year!
So glad you stopped by today and I hope you will think of signing up for future postings!! Everyone on today’s tour is listed below so you can follow along in order, or just hop around!
Happy holiday crafting, everyone!