Welcome to this month’s fun Patriotic Porch Challenge! Cindy from County Road 407 has knocked it out of the park with this sweet porch’s perfect pooch and patriotic decor!
If you are coming over from Laura at Everyday Edits and this is your first time visiting my site, welcome!! For all of my regular followers, now friends, welcome back!! Laura’s porch looks so good with those star-powered pillows, huh?
This checked and striped-filled porch comes to us from Better Homes and Gardens’ website. Isn’t this just the prettiest porch and the little West Highland Terrier just adorable?!! I have picked up many a copy of BH&G magazine over the years and always come away with good ideas to decorate with in my home.
So let’s dissect this porch’s pretties…
Porch Ideas I Took Away
- patriotic bunting swag hangings
- wicker porch chair with fun RWB cushion and pillow
- bench also with RWB cushions and pillows in checks and solids
- nice summery white and blue striped floor rug
- flowers and flags
- small table with watermelon
- perfect pup!
How I Recreated The Look
My front porch is more of a stoop and fairly small at 8′ wide x 8′ deep so I could only put out a few things, but here’s what I’ve picked out:
- perfect patriotic bunting found at Party City for $15 (the exact one is linked) hung above the front door covering the palladian transom window.
- metal patio chair, repainted white (this needed a good repaint anyway, so good excuse! Here’s that post…)
- small pots tucked into the planter filled with RWB flowers to recreate our inspiration photo’s look.
- little flags tucked into last month’s Pinterest Challenge door hanger! now spread out between the flower pots on the front door.
- my perfect ceramic pooch, a little Lowe’s cement dog found when we first bought this house three years ago. Lowe’s still carries them!
I tried to get Yoda to sit still on the porch but with doggy Alzheimer’s he just couldn’t… So our cement pup stands in for him today!
Well, that’s my quick rendition of this month’s patriotic porch theme! Simple and easy to recreate and I hope it gives you some fun ideas to use on your own smaller porches.
Up next, we swing back up to Cindy and County Road 407 and her porch is totally ready for the 4th!!!!
Do check out the other ladies’ perfect patriotic decorating ideas on today’s front porch tour. Thank you so much!
Happy decorating, friends!