Welcome to this month’s 10 on the 10th where a group of friends gets together and shares their decorating and craft ideas for under $10. Our theme this month is all about fall and I am sharing some fall decorating ideas from past posts today. Let’s jump in, shall we?…
I’d like to thank our hosts Ann of Apple Street Cottage and Terrie of Decorate and More With Tip for gathering all of us together for this fun event! There are some great fall ideas linked up. Those posts are linked for you below.
1. Set a pretty fall tablescape with velvet pumpkins and faux candied fruits. These cuties were bargain finds at 60-70% clearance after fall and the jeweled fruits were a gift from a friend ~ well under $10.
Blue and white plates always looks nice with any decorating theme but go surprisingly well with fall decor. Here I’ve used jewel tones with blue and white for a warm romantic look.
2. Add a pumpkin bouquet carved out of a styrofoam pumpkin or a real pumpkin to your fall table ~ perfect for any fall birthdays, weddings and harvest parties! Styrofoam pumpkin ~ $7.00.
I made a video if you’d like to check it out, too.
3. Make some pumpkin bread or pumpkin muffins mixed with chocolate chips ~ Yum!!! Serve with hot tea out on the patio on a warm fall afternoon… Enjoy those last warm days of autumn whiling away the hours with friends…
4. Visit an apple orchard and pumpkin farm for some good old fashioned fun harvesting savory fruits to stock your pantry for fall. Many orchards also grow pumpkins and host hayrides and many sell crafts and food. Call ahead to see what your local apple orchards are providing this year.
5. Plant fall color to your gardens bringing in some much needed color after summer’s flowers are spent. Mums and other fall favorites come in a variety of glorious colors ~ perfect for tucking into pots and flower beds here in there in the garden.
6. Make soft sculpture pumpkins out of velvet and other fabrics to decorate your home. This tutorial shares the scoop on making these cuties. One yard of stretchy velveteen costs about $3.99.
7. Add ethereal candlelight to your mantel for an early warm fall look. Sometimes we aren’t quite ready for all the oranges of fall so why not go with soft pinks and greens of roses and hydrangea blooms? A hint of those warmer fall colors can be tucked into a few tealights instead.
8. Decorate outdoor and indoor statues for fall by making head wreaths out of nature’s bounty and craft store faux blooms. Easy to create with a little hot glue and wire, wreaths add panache to garden statues!
9. Host a fall tea for family and friends and bring out your prettiest teacups and tableware decorated with seasonal yellows, pale tangerines and soft pinks. Add in Baby Boo pumpkins and a bouquet of roses from the garden or market to complete your table.
10. Rake leaves and jump in! Remember that the changing seasons should always be a source of renewal for us. And what could be more fun than reliving our childhood than by jumping in a big pile of leaves?!
Total cost?? Free!!! Happiness… priceless!
Thanks for stopping by today and check out the links below to see everyone’s fall ideas.
Also sharing with
Enjoy the tour,