Welcome to another great Pinterest Challenge, friends! This month won’t disappoint with its Fall Mantel theme… I think we are all a bit ready for the heat of summer to end and some fall crispness to blow our way…
Thank you to Cindy of County Road 407 for gathering us all together again for this month’s challenge. We all love creating our Pinterest Challenge posts for you and hope you enjoy them as much as we love creating them!
If you are just visiting for the first time from Laura‘s place, Everyday Edits, don’t you love how she decorated her mantel? She has such great taste!
Our inspiration photo
This fall mantel vignette comes to us from Janelle Trinette and her post Fall Tour 2020. I love that she has used:
- a large glass container for fall branches
- a framed quote about fall
- several sizes of wood candlesticks; in fact, LOTS of wood in the mantel and in the decor
- small orange and white Baby Boo pumpkins
- a pretty burnished brass lantern
- and fall leaves scattered about the mantel top
Oddly enough, I have very few natural or stained wood elements in our home. Except for some monkey pod plates my husband mailed back home as he passed through the Philippines on his way to or from the Gulf War in the early 1990’s, and a few pieces of furniture, that’s it. Over the years, I’ve tended to paint everything white, or lately, layered-on paint for an antique look when it comes to either home decor or furniture.
So my interpretation of this mantel full of wooden items has more of a French Country painted and gilded look, and less of a farmhouse country look.
The mirror I have on the mantel is the right size as our large inspiration quote and it is paired with a print for something written. This really cool matted musical print I found at a local thrift shop in my favorite grey-green color.
I used three of my painted wooden candlesticks (How to Create Candlesticks from Old Lamps) to mirror our inspiration wood pieces, plus I added two round wood slices to add height underneath the woven lantern and the glass vase.
- For fall leaves, I opted to layer in these resin glass-like glitter leaves I found a couple of years ago. I don’t remember where I found them but they are really Christmas ornaments.
- Real pumpkins are pretty scarce right now so I used two velvet pumpkins I made plus a cute sweater pumpkin I found at Joann Fabrics last year.
- The glass vase on the left holds a spray of leaves and mini velvet pumpkins stacked up inside.
- The woven plastic faux candle lantern on the right side of the mantel carries on the painted grey-green theme. I found it on clearance at Menards in South Dakota on our trip up to see our newly born grandson during the summer of 2020.
- The little owl was a gift from a friend when we lived up in Sanger in our Prairie Home (our RV) and he brings in some more of the fall browns and oranges.
And that’s my mantel interpretation! Now let’s hop on over to Cindy‘s at County Road 407 and see her beautiful mantel. If you like to hop around, the full list is here at the bottom for you, too!
Thanks for stopping by today,